First Thoughts

I have started my new web blog here on blogger.com and am unsure of what to write about. I guess when the professor gives me a subject to write about I will try my best to come up with something to say. Hopefully something that makes sense and covers the subject matter in some relevant detail. Iam not a good writer and this is something I would like to improve on and so I will probably purchase a book from the Dummies series on writing for Dummies or something like that. Hopefully that will help me improve my writing ability and content creation.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Summary of The Boys in the Boat

The Boys in the Boat

by Daniel James Brown

Executive Summary

by Eric J. Woody


The Book was written about the quest for Olympic gold and the many trials and tribulations that we as humans go through in life. The book starts off from the story's of several of the athlete's which participated on the Washington State University Crew team. Joe Rantz, Roger Morris, George Yeoman Pocock, Don Hume, Bob Moch and others are the athlete's, coaches, boat builders who are part of this story and Quest to reach the 1936 Olympic games in Berlin Germany. The story goes through many story's in history such as the Great Depression, The Dust Bowl, Hitlers rise to power in Germany, and the rebuilding of the American Dream. This Book is stunning in its visual scope, and makes you see the world through these peoples eye's so as to pull you into the story which comes to life every page you read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment